Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some pictures

Here are a few pictures of the benchwork.


First, the 4 sections arrayed as they will be for the layout when it is in operation:






Then, arrayed as they would be for "storage" between sessions of work/operation on the layout:






Finally, a look at how I did the lower side rails, which are used instead of crossbraces to add rigidity and stability to each section:





I do have one concern: the tops are not all perfectly even. If I had used levelers, as I originally intended, this would not be a problem. But since I'm using casters, by necessity, I'm not sure how to deal with the slight variations in height from section to section...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting, and commenting!

    I ended up removing the casters and returning to regular leveling feet. I then devised a retractable caster set up for two of the tables, so they can be moved as needed, but still be leveled.

    Leveling casters would have been a good alternative -- I didn't find such an animal in my hardware store excursions, which is why I didn't consider it.

    It's long past time I update this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated retroactively. Spam will be derailed. Spammers will be tied to the tracks in front of the next oncoming freight train.