Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Typefaces: Updated

A couple of months ago, I posted a selection of typefaces, using the HTML editor to render them. I've realized that they were not consistent from one computer and browser to another. So while I am leaving that post up, I decided to make a new post presenting the same document as a graphic. I hope this will show more consistently the various typefaces I am considering in connection with the Wolf River & Nicolet Ry. Co.

As before, if you wish to comment on which you like best, you would be welcome to do so.

A note, too, on time period, as that might be relevant to evaluating appropriate typefaces: My greatest preference would be to set it in the 1930s, just after Prohibition. I am trying to ascertain, however, whether that is an appropriate time period for the scale of logging I would like to depict. I don't mind if this is an era in which logging is in decline in Northern Wisconsin, which by all I have read so far it certainly was, but I want it to be at least realistic and appropriate to have some continuing logging and railroad operations associated with it in this period and locale.

If in time I conclude that is too far removed from reality (even for a freelanced railroad), I will fall back to the first 20 years or so of the 20th Century, before Prohibition.

If you have any knowledge and information you'd like to share on these points, you're more than welcome to do so in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated retroactively. Spam will be derailed. Spammers will be tied to the tracks in front of the next oncoming freight train.