Sunday, November 22, 2009

TAMR

In the early 1970s I belonged to the Teen Association of Model Railroaders and went to a couple of events they sponsored, one in Wilmington, DE, and one an informal get together that drew about a half-dozen of us to Falls Church, Va., where one of us lived. I also wrote for the TAMR member newsletter, the HOTBOX.

I'd love to dig up some of those old articles. I find that the TAMR has a website, [update 12/5/2013: Not any more, at least not here -- its lease expired and now someone is squatting on the domain] so I've contacted the person listed there as "archivist" in the dim hope that there might be a way to recover some of them. [Oh, and nothing came of that, either...]

We'll see...[Well, hope does spring eternal...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated retroactively. Spam will be derailed. Spammers will be tied to the tracks in front of the next oncoming freight train.